Senior Web Developer / WordPress
Atomicdust is looking for web developers to join our team in full-time or contract roles. Developers at Atomicdust collaborate closely with the creative and account management teams throughout all phases of a project. Day-to-day tasks include converting designs into custom WordPress sites and maintaining existing client websites.
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes. You like working with WordPress and know what a Gutenberg / WordPress block is, even if you haven’t built any yet. You know how to use the loop, when to create custom queries, how to properly enqueue scripts and how to work with WordPress menus.
- Strong front-end skills; You can turn a design into semantic HTML and CSS that works in modern browsers.
- Solid understanding of PHP.
- Good debugging skills. You can troubleshoot and modify existing sites built by others.
- Familiarity with local development environments, such as Vagrant, Docker, or MAMP.
- Familiarity with version control (Git).
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (we use SCSS).
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Comfortable in Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch. Willing to make some design decisions while building out responsive layouts.
- Ability to communicate with other team members, while also working independently and managing your own time.
- Willingness to develop the occasional HTML email. (It happens.)
Not required, but let us know if you have:
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 4.x.
- Experience developing WordPress 5.0 / Gutenberg blocks. (Either natively or using ACF 5.8 blocks.)
- Experience working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins.
- Experience testing sites for ADA compliance and the ability to spot potential issues.
- Familiarity with WordPress Coding Standards.
- Familiarity with WP Engine.